Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Going to Ghana



Upon completion of the eight month International Support Worker program, I have received job confirmation that will take me to Accra, Ghana working with Journalists for Human Rights at the African University College of Communications.

I will be working in the position of a Rights Media Educational Officer where my job will consist of working with journalism professors and students to create human rights and good governance curriculum as well as rights based media and media community forum. I will also be working with the AUCC Journalists for Human Rights School Chapter networking with local, national and international media houses as well as numerous non-profit, social organizations and government bodies. Together, we will also be putting together awareness campaigns, fundraisers and community events.
____________________________________________


I will be heading to Toronto on June 20th, along with 7 other journalists from across Canada and around the world to take part in a week long pre-departure training session with jhr staff at head office.

I invite you to join me on my journey through Ghana, from start to finish, to learn about culture, safe travel, human rights and international support work.

Join me on Facebook at -Think Glocal- .


Many thanks!

Michelle Newlands
-Think Glocal- Editorial

1 comment:

  1. Michelle,

    Wishing you every happiness on your new job. I look forward to hearing all about your journey.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

Mn.